14.5.10

Pastry fats

So I attended the open house at VCC (Vancouver Community College) for its baking and pastry programs. I was actually surprised at how awesome the facilities and equipment are. I also didn't know it is one of the two only school in the Vancouver region to be recognized by the ITA, the other being Vancouver Island University, and one of the best in NA comparing to even Le Cordon Bleu!You can actually work your way up to be a red seal chef if you wanted to! It was even mentioned how many employers are constantly asking in demand for VCC students.

There currently is a waiting list on the ten month apprenticeship program until March 2011 and as pumped as I am to hear all this I am still thinking it over. I enjoy cooking and do well with results but it was mentioned how there is a difference between producing a good product and being able to do it again but manipulating it in every way to make it your own...Sounds a lot like the animation industry!

What I can say is I can see myself enjoying whipping up breads, cakes and pastries more so than drawing 247.

No comments: