17.3.11

Muffins, bread and...Pancakes?

SO yesterday we learned the creaming and muffin method of mixing and applied it to both a blueberry and a carrot zucchini muffin. Needless to say it all went very well except for the fact I sifted the sugar in with the flour; thinking I was using the muffin method for the blueberry mix when in fact I was to use the creaming method.
I had to rescale the dry again and throw out the the other :( Then of course when I got it right I ended up using the wrong flour LOL! They still turned out really well, actually I think better than the ones using pastry flour because they didn't have the pool of butter on the bottom. The carrot zucchini ones were really good!


Today we applied different creaming methods to different formulas. We also made dutch oven bread; I didn't enjoy it's taste or texture though. After yesterdays problems my partner Sita and I really nailed down the scaling and ingredients and double checked. This was for Fruit scones using oats and blueberries. Needless to say the end product was nothing like a scone but more so a pancake ;p We know we scaled everything right since we got the right amount of portions for the formula so I am thinking I didn't cook the oatmeal long enough to get it stiffer. The recipe doesn't call for the length of cooking time but I should have thought about the fact that the ratio of wet to dry was almost 2:1! Damn oatmeal...

1 comment:

win said...

hi marco
guess i was just browsing through some art blogs and one link led to another

don't worry about mistakes~ you'll soon learn that 90% of mistakes turn into fruit bars... a product that fills up the bake shop all the time~